Rick Hendrick Chevrolet - Bought a Lemon Please read before you invest in a new vehicle.
Update added by user Nov 18, 2016
So 3 visits, 4 fenders, paint, electrical, and 76 days later of my vehicle in service.My truck was pieced back together.
I dropped my truck off for the final repair attempt on the 3rd of Oct and didn't get it back until the 10th of Nov. They had 15 days to complete the repairs by law and still couldn't manage. Not only that I asked if they put enough miles on it to make sure its ok. Well I wait 5 hours because its not ready.
When I finally drove off the lot the truck went into reduced engine power on the highway. So I lost power to my truck and a burning smell filled up the cab. I had to limp it back to the dealer where they had to work on it again and make me wait more. I got it back and went home.
Next day i started it up the engine check light came back on again. So it went back to the dealership where they couldn't fix the problem and cleared the codes. Thats when the wanted me to look at another truck and said its indeed a lemon. So they kept my truck over the weekend and said they'd call me on Monday.
No call so Tuesday I called and they said they won't do anything for me and to get a lawyer. Ive owned it about 5 months now. The service manager finally admitted that my truck is a lemon. But they will not do anything until a lawyer is involved.
I have retained on and its awful and bad business they treat people this way also Im a disabled vet and if they do this to me they'll do it to you. In all Ive lost count how long I hadn't had my truck but I still pay on it over 80 days in service. Still no one is willing to work with me.
Do yourself a favor go somewhere else.They'll lie and cheat you out of your money.
Update added by user Nov 04, 2016
I'm sorry error more than 30 days on its final repair attempt.
Update added by user Nov 04, 2016
So far I still hadn't heard back from the dealership on my truck. I guess they don't intend on completing it. It's been well over 40 days for its final repair attempt.
Original review posted by user Oct 19, 2016
My over all experience with this dealership since I got my 2016 Colorado four months ago.My sales experience was good they do the typical push you into stuff you don't want.
Finance was the same but an easy process. The General Manager Jason House did a good job on swapping me out of the truck I was currently in. So now for the bad. The day i signed the conract buying my new truck, it was pulled around into service for air to be put in the tires.
June 18th was the date my truck started acting up and it would not run and was having some kind of electrical problem. Keep in mind that I was about to sign to buy this truck. I was notified until after the paperwork was done that something was wrong with it.
The service manager showed me my new baby and it was messed up air bag light were on, any and every warning light you could think of came on and that it disabled the functions of the truck. i.
e. airbags, traction control, ac/heater controls anything you could think of and some minor paint defects on the hood and fender. When I said I didn't want the truck and to get another one and that I should have been told before signing the paperwork. I was told there wasn't anything they could do.
It spent 10 days in the shop. I put the manufacture on notice. I filled out the customer survey gave it bad ratings as it should be. I get a few text messages the next day.
It was the General Manger telling me how unhappy he is about my survey. Got my truck back it started to vibrate and the paint wasn't fixed. Shop visit number 2. It spent a total of 27 days in the shop from the Sept 2nd to the 29th.
They couldn't fix the issue and gave me the truck back not fixed. Not only that my fender and hood was swrilled up from a buffer they used on it and it was bad. So I got my truck back in worse shape I gave it to them in. I had put the manufacture back on notice again.
They scheduled a final repair attempt and have engineers out working on my truck.
So now on to shop visit number 3. I dropped my truck off on Oct 3rd and its still in the shop today is the 19th. My truck is still there.
So the problem is, after the had engineers look at it. I'm missing a part to my airbox and the fender was bowed out a bit. So the ordered a new fender, painted it, put it on and its defective body panel again. So they are getting the truck a 3rd fender now.
Besides the serious electrical problem the truck had, new body panel if they can get one to fit, paint, all the time in the shop over 50 days now and counting. I feel like I'm going to get back a pieced together truck that feels like its been in a wreck. Don't get me started on the deprecation of its value. Thats not what I paid for and its a very expensive diesel.
So all this and theres a case with the BBB doubt they'll give me a reasonable offer. GM has been fighting me ever since the dealership doesn't seem to care on bit. If I get treated this way, Im sure you will too.
I should not have to continue to pay 577.00 a month on something they either can't fix or I cannot drive.By the VA Lemon Law this truck more than qualifies and no one has offered a replacement, refund, or even say sorry.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
What I liked
- I was able to do a swap
What I disliked
- I have a defective truck that exceeds the lemon law
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My husband couldnt recall the accident being he was knocked unconcoius,he was sighted neg 2 police stated he fell asleep.I knew this was wrong I heard the snap.After sideswiping a..."
- "I spent hours on the phone with three salesmen, two so-called sales managers (or was one a so-called customer service specialist) was told "We will get back to you in..."
- "First off, I am calling B.S. on many of these reviews that all seem to have been written by the same, uneducated, illiterate troll with an obvious agenda. The..."
- "A few months ago I purchased Highster Mobile Cell Phone Spy software for 69 dollars. The site at http://highstermobile.com did not indicate anything about purchasing a monthly subscription so I..."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- "I ordered a tempered glass screen protector. I didn't realize it was coming from China, but was prepared to be patient. took 2 weeks to arrive and then was completely..."
- "Six months ago, we purchased a Kenmore Elite dishwasher. It was the best based on Consumer Reports (I had horrible experience with Samsung, so we were relying on Consumer Reports)...."
- "Think twice before buying any games made by Activision! We purchased an X-Box 360 for our sons on Christmas, along with a number of games, including Call of Duty: Black Ops..."
- "my husband & I purchased furniture for our newly renovated house. Salesman "sold" us the add-on 5year warranty for the furniture. We purchased among other furniture, 2 matching leather recliners...."